Saturday 5 May 2012

Story Of Mum - Happy Weekend Y'all

Hello me dears.  Well I'm a little bit late.  I did say that I would check in on Wednesday and I didn't.   Then I said that I would check in on Thursday but I still didn't.  Now its saturday and here I am.  I'm sorry - forgive me.  I promise that I'll try to not never do it again.  I know, I know.  That last there sentence was badder english than what you might not never heard before.. but it was from the heart folks.  From the heart. 

Well lets get the rubbish stuff out of the way first...  The holiday is still up for grabs and will be until monday when it will just be an empty caravan.  And so ends the worlds most unsuccessful blog giveaway... nevermind... I have another giveaway on the cards for next week - one that doesn't require packing a suitcase, organising transport or being free on specific dates... Watch this space.

In other news this week - I started twittering, tweeting, twooting or whatever it is. I'm @doodlyalltheday so look me up..  I started doing it anyway and although I'm still a hopelessly challenged twit - I am making some progress.  I now have some peeps that I'm following (I believe the kids on the street call them "Tweeps") and amongst those I have discovered a communal blog called "Story of Mum"  which is brill.  Its by and for Mums and Grandmas and it has lots of lovely,  crazy projects for you to participate in - like 'Buntify Your Life' where you can go to your most unfavourite part of your house and stick some bunting on it - then take a picture.  Or 'Pack a Pocket' where you get to be like a secret, mummy, all-year-santa and slip a little uplifting gift into another mummies pocket - without her knowing.  Of course these are things that you can do on your own but the main fun is in the sharing and that is what's best about this blog - its just about mums sharing: sentiments, fun, doubts and reassurance.  I'm dead pleased that I came across it.  Check it out - you wont be sorry...
this is a section of a doodle that I did for their twitter doodle or twidoodle party that's going on in May... check it out xx

So far this weekend - we've been on an ultimately unsuccessful but not altogether unpleasant journey to the outer reaches of Huddersfield in search of some mid century modern furniture that I've bought on Ebay with a view to p(r)imping.  We had car trouble and by the time we arrived at our destination the seller was no longer there - so I will have to wait to get my hands on them.  But the sun was shining and it was some precious alone time for my husband and I so it wasn't all bad.  When we got back to Grandma and Grandad's Alex had picked some beautiful flowers for me....
Alex was here :- the beautiful yellow flowers he always picks for me - and an ambulance.. just in case...
He always stops to pick Dandelions for me - and I must admit that he has great taste - I dont think I ever appreciated how beautiful they are before he pointed it out.

I've been a baking demon this week and I'm about to break out the flour et al. once again.. its my niece's birthday tomorrow and so I'm intending to take some lemon and poppy seed muffins with me with which to buy her love.  
my husband despatched of this lot pretty much single handedly within about 24 hours


I've also been drawing.  Mainly late at night which means I've been staying up much longer than I should but it feels good to be able to flex my creative muscles again.
this was a marathon doodle over about 3 days


I shall leave you with a picture of my breakfast this morning... "Whaa....??"  Yes its a bit mad but when I set it out on the table I was just so taken with the sunny yellow colours and it made me sing "happy weekend to me..." in my head - so I decided to take a pic.






Happy weekend to you all.  Bye for now xx


2 comments:

  1. Happy weekend to you too!! I'm glad you're tweeting and loving it - it is honestly a great way to connect with other Bloggers. I know we didn't get you to 50 by the end of the week but you're getting there! Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I really appreciate your help with it! I'm getting to grips with it now - using hashtags and everything - get me!! Xx

      Delete