Thursday 17 May 2012

A Quickie Before...





Just a quickie to show you some furniture that I'm intending to attack...

a mid century modern kitchenette cabinet




the inside with formica work surface and pie shelves

etching detail to glazed doors
Nobody can quite understand why I've bought this but I can visualise how amazing it will look when finished.  AAAaaand I've seen how much the restored versions of these go for on Ebay... Its all about Mid Century Modern furniture at the moment.

I've also picked up this lovely little display cabinet which will also be subjected to a coat of paint.  But I think I'll keep this one - its already been awarded a spot in our bedroom. 

sweet little display cabinet

I love the detail on the little door handle

I dont think its worth an awful lot - but its just perfect for me to store fabric or bed linen in - its not too big and its not to small.  As Goldilocks would say - its just right!  Its sitting in my bedroom right now with my patchwork quilt and my clean bed linen in it. 

In other news....When I moved the little cabinet upstairs... somebody followed me up and took advantage of the fact that I was distracted AND moved in on my lovely freshly made bed...

see my beautifully made bed?

see how its being unmade?

Ah the joys of jumping on your mum and dad's bed... It just never gets old does it...

tata for now ducks XxshellxX




3 comments:

  1. What a pesky little chap, mind you my two (11 and 9 !) still try doing that sort of thing. Not for long though!! Love those pieces of furniture, the top one in particular has so much promise and I'm sure will look amazing when you've given it some tlc.
    Thanks for popping by!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ou may find many Modern Furniture Stores in FT Lauderdale which offer you cheap modern furniture but you need to extremely cautious .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Love it! Go Alex! x

    ReplyDelete